Stamford, CT | Temp
The litigation paralegal works with cases from initiation to completion, drafts and files litigation pleadings, drafts and serves discovery, and maintains case dockets.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned to meet business needs):
- Draft, edit, file, and serve pleadings, motions, briefs, stipulations, etc. in various Federal Courts.
- Draft, edit, and serve discovery requests and responses; draft and edit subpoenas to be served through process servers.
- Organize, review, and maintain discovery documents; prepare and serve document production.
- Prepare for trial including preparation of trial exhibit list and exhibits, witness binders, pretrial briefs, trial briefs and post-trial briefs.
- Attend trial to assist attorneys.
- Maintain docket of all pending litigation matters.
- Prepare and file opposition/cancellation pleadings with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Prepare and file inter parties review pleadings with the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Perform web-based and other legal research including Westlaw and PACER.
- Prepare, file, and docket appeal briefs with the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Bachelor's degree required, paralegal certification a plus.
3+ years of litigation experience.
History of career stability.
Required Computer Skills: CM/ECF, PACER, Microsoft Office Suite, Concordance (or other document review software/platform), Westlaw or LexisNexis.
Other Qualification Requirements:
Individual should be able to multi-task, work independently and well under pressure, and deal with urgent deadlines.
Individual must possess excellent organizational skills.