Stamford, CT | Temp
• Be responsible for the effective planning and execution of 6-8 events while contributing to further events within the portfolio.
• Drive strategy to increase member and prospect attendance and retention across all events.
• Be able to clearly understand and translate the needs of the audience to create exceptional on site experiences and programs.
• Pro-actively participate in the process of designing or improving the event features and programs. Prepare and submit execution plan for new ideas and implement approved ones.
• Constantly evaluate the experience, feedback and results and implement changes accordingly.
• Lead, communicate, and collaborate with key internal and external partners to inspire confidence and translate our strategy to ensure seamless delivery of all event aspects.
• Lead on selecting, evaluating and managing our event venues, selections, contract negotiations and global calendar.
• Achieve budget goals while creating optimal event experiences , through effective negotiations and close monitoring of revenue and expenses
• Communication and collaboration across internal event teams
• Management of membership event registration queries
• Overview of membership and event attendance reporting
Expected Results • Successful translation and execution of business' event strategy to support client retention
• Application of best practices to create repeatable, high impact scalable event processes
• Flawless operational management and delivery of events annually – events achieve high client satisfaction ratings
• Achieves or exceed financial targets
• Exceptional communication and collaboration across events team, event partners and key stakeholders
• Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to effectively translate and understand the needs
Key Contacts • Service Delivery Associates
• Research, Sales, Consulting, Finance, one on ones Global counterparts
• Third party vendors, venues & hotels
Education Degree with focus on events and/or marketing preferred/Tertiary education
Professional Experience • 5+ years of event management experience
• End-to-end Event management and delivery to Senior level clients
• Experience of working in a complex multi layered corporate environment with multiple stakeholders
• Prior experience researching, negotiating contracts for meeting services and working with hotels and external vendors
• Financial Management
Key Competencies/ Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills - team player who works well with others
• Client focused - superior customer service and relationship skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong time management skills and ability to multitask - high sense of urgency and prioritization
• Team player with strong leadership skills
• Strong Executive presence
• Passionate, Energetic & Enthusiastic
• Strategic Thinker
• Creative and innovative
• Willingness to travel - attend Events to lead operational requirements and onsite team
• Confident and collaborative mindset
• Fully competent in Microsoft office, especially Excel